A Week of Healing & Self Care Awaits
CPTSD Foundation, in partnership with renown Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Coach, Angie Atkinson, has put together a special time of healing, relaxation, and learning about the beautiful Freedom of the Seas.
Let the Countdown Begin
We would love for you to join us!
The first of it’s kind, the 2019 Self Care cruise, will be departing from beautiful San Juan, Puerto Rico, on September 8th, 2019 at 830pm local time, and journeying to destinations including: Oranjestad, Aruba, Willemsad – Netherlands Antilles, Kralendjik – Netherlands Antilles, Philipsburg – St. Maarten, and then back in port on September 15th, 2018 at 6am local time.
Learn more and get all the details at Cruise Planners special informational page by clicking the button below!
An event unlike anything else, where survivors can come together and take part in the ultimate self-care experience, aboard the Royal Caribbean’s, Freedom of the Seas.
Image for just a moment what it might be like to lay on a beach full of white sand and beautiful blue water. A place where all of the challenges of every day life as a survivor can take a back seat as you enjoy the experience of getting away from it all and being fully present in these beautiful surroundings.
In addition to exploring these incredible locations and taking in the sites, sounds, cuisine, and culture, you’ll also have the opportunity to attend workshops and presentations by world class speakers, including Angie Atkinson (and more to be named in early 2019). Imagine being in a small group atmosphere, having the ability to interact with and learn from these amazing survivors and leading experts in their field as they share with you the skills and knowledge that have helped countless survivors of trauma from all over the world. If being trauma informed as a survivor, advocate, or practitioner is important to you, you won’t want to miss these workshops.
These events are sure to equip you with skills that you can use every day in your journey of healing from your past, and what better way to take it all in, than on a beautiful ship with incredible people just like you who are taking their life back from their past and making their healing a priority.
We are so excited to have you join us for this event of a lifetime, but space is limited and set sail from San Juan, Puerto Rico on Sept 8, 2019!
Frequently Asked Questions
What does my registration include?
We want to provide as much value as possible for you, because you deserve the very best experience. So we’re including the following when you register and secure you spot for the Self Care cruise:
- Your stateroom, single or double occupancy is included.
- All meals are included while on the ship, for the duration of the cruise, are included.
- Access to all workshops and speaking events is included.
- Access to all self care events is included.
- 1 Hour Welcome Cocktail party with Hot & Cold Canapés and non Alcoholic beverages is included.
- 1 Hour Farewell Cocktail party with Hot & Cold Canapés and non Alcoholic beverages is included.
For any questions about what your registration includes, please contact our cruise planner directly.
Single & Double Occupancy Rates
Below is a breakdown of the pricing for the type of stateroom and the differences between single/double occupancy.*
- Inside Stateroom – Double Occupancy: $1,330.00
- Inside Stateroom – Single Occupancy: $1,910.00
- Oceanview Stateroom – Double Occupancy: $1374.00
- Oceanview Stateroom – Single Occupancy: $2,062.00
- Balcony Stateroom – Double Occupancy: $1,610.00
- Balcony Stateroom – Single Occupancy: $2,509.00
*prices are subject to availability at time of booking.
What are the ports of call?
The 2019 Self Care Cruise will depart from San Juan on Sunday, September 8th 2019 for a 7-night trip going to Caribbean and the following ports of call:
San Juan, Puerto Rico – One of the largest islands in the Eastern Caribbean, Puerto Rico’s landscape encompasses mountains, underground caves, coral reefs, white-sand beaches and an incredibly massive rain forest that supplies fresh water to most of the island. At the same time San Juan, the capital of the commonwealth, is a big city with a bustling business district, glitzy resorts and casinos, as well as one of the most stunning examples of colonial life in the Western world.
Oranjestad, Aruba – Oranjestad, the lovely Dutch-gabled capital, is situated on the southwest coast of Aruba. Enjoy the beautiful beaches, colorful Dutch-style houses, busy duty-free shops, and glittering casinos.
What does my registration not include?
We strive to add as much value to your registration, and we want you to have the most amazing experience ever! We also want to make sure you are as prepared and informed as possible when making your decision to join us. Please see below for what is not included in your registration fee:
- Airfare is not included. If you would like information on the best flight options available, please contact our cruise planners directly by clicking here.
- Alcohol – if you wish to partake in alcoholic beverages, you are welcome to do so, however they are not included as part of your registration.
- Transportation to and from airport is not included.
- Events, transportation, dining, and other activities while at any port of call during the cruise, are not included.
- Spending money for any items you wish to purchase while on the ship or in any port, is not included.
- For any questions about what is not included, please contact our cruise planner directly.
What if my spouse does not want to attend events?
You are welcome to bring your spouse, partner, or helping caregiver along. They are also welcome to attend the workshops and events as part of their registration, however, we understand they may prefer to not attend the events.
Guests who choose to not attend the workshops, and self care events will receive a $200.00 discount off their registration, regardless of the stateroom and occupancy.
Special Guest Speakers
In addition to CPTSD Foundation Founder, Athena Moberg and Matthew Pappas, CLC, MPNLP who will be presenting and teaching, we are honored to feature these incredible speakers…with more to be named in early 2019.
MS Freedom of the Seas
A cruise ship operated by Royal Caribbean International. It is the namesake of Royal Caribbean’s Freedom class, and can accommodate 3,634 passengers and 1,300 crew  on fifteen passenger decks.
Promotional video & ship information provided by Self Care Cruise Travel Partner – Rosie Perez, VacationsByRosie.com